Engagement (Marketing and Communications)
UoN Services Limited (the U) are offering a 20 week (160 hours total) Industry Scholarship (Engagement, Marketing and Communications), worth $2880. Apply for the scholarship semester 2, 2013 for the chance to get involved in Campus Life in order to get invaluable hands on industry experience while building your résumé. Download a position description here.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Assist in creating and monitoring a viable model for introduction of communication initiatives with UoNS.
- Assist with the development of operational planning and implementation of ESIS communication initiatives to be delivered by UoNS.
- Assist with disseminating information, running workshops, attracting student volunteers and acting as an advocate for UoN, UoNS, the ESIS Program, and its initiatives.
- Assist with the translation of strategic ESIS decisions into action in conjunction with the Marketing and Sponsorship Coordinator of UoNS.
- Assist in optimising the working relationship with the University and stakeholders of any ESIS communication initiatives.
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP ARE:
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills and ability to engage with students on campus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software MS Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Demonstrated activity and interest in campus life and student engagement.
- Skills in evaluating, developing and implementing strategies for ensuring a successful ESIS communication program in a University environment.
- Ability to develop and coordinate own project.
- Ability to manage workload effectively and autonomously.
- Current enrolment as a student of the University of Newcastle.
You can apply for the scholarship through Industry Scholarships online.
Have a look at what our current Engagement (Marketing and Communications) Industry Scholar has been working on!
Richard Baines (Engagement, Marketing and Communications Scholar)
During this semester I am going to be working on a number of projects with the aim of improving the way information is communicated to various demographics. I am also going to be working on an idea called “Fresh Faced Friday” which aims to promote Body Image and Eating Disorders Awareness Week. This idea was developed prior to my scholarship, and that’s the best bit! If you have a good idea that you want to work on, this scholarship gives you all the tools that you need to make it happen. While this is my major project I am also going to be doing a stack of other things, including working on the emails that we send to our students and writing for an array of audiences. Overall this scholarship provides anything and everything you will need to get an idea off the ground.
Stay up to date by reading the Industry Scholar Blog!