UoN Services Limited (the U) are offering a 20 week (160 hours total) Industry Scholarship (Engagement, Activities) worth $2880 for semester 1 2014, with the option to renew in semester 2 for a further 20 weeks. Apply for the scholarship to get involved in Campus Life in order to get invaluable hands on industry experience while building your résumé. Download the position description for 2014 here.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Assist in the development and operational planning of student events and activities.
- Assist with the promotion of events and activity program initiatives.
- Assist with the creation of student and staff experiences that enable purpose, participation and a sense of community.
- Assist with the coordination of the Student Volunteer Programme.
- Assist in initiating and scoping research to review the existing market.
- Assist in sourcing, developing and maintaining working relationships with the sponsors.
- Assist with the review, development and implementation of all areas/functions of current business relating to ESIS events.
THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP ARE:
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills and ability to engage with students on campus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software MS Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Demonstrated activity and interest in campus events and activities.
- Skills in evaluating, developing and implementing strategies for ensuring the successful operations of student focused activities and events.
- Ability to develop and coordinate own project.
- Ability to manage workload effectively and autonomously.
- Current enrolment as a student of the University of Newcastle.
Applications have closed for semester 1 2014 intake. Stay tuned for the semester 2 scholarships.
Have a look at what our previous Engagement (Activities) Industry Scholar has been working on!
Since starting my Industry Scholarship I’ve helped to revamp student nights at the Bar on the Hill and “kicked off” a FIFA Comp in the Godfrey Tanner Bar. I’ve also been working on a bigger and better Uni Band Comp and an all new Uni DJ Competition for 2013. All the work I’ve been doing through the scholarship has given me a chance to positively contribute to student life but more importantly, given me invaluable industry experience which will no doubt help me along in my studies and onto working life.
Stay up to date by reading the Industry Scholar Blog!