Tanner Tuesday: Godfrey Tanner Great Debate
Mar 18, 2014
from 06:00 PM to 10:00 PM
|Where||Godfrey Tanner Bar|
|Contact Name||Campus Life|
|Contact Phone||0249 54322|
|Add event to calendar||
Come along to the ‘Godfrey Tanner Great Debate’ and watch the students take on the academics! All proceeds help fund the Godfrey Tanner Memorial scholarship to help disadvantaged students. Help continue Godfrey’s legacy and help our students.
- Free entry for students
- $5 for UoN Staff and other guests
The night will include a raffle, with all proceeds going towards the Godfrey Tanner Scholarship, as well as an auction featuring student artwork kindly donated by Watt Space Gallery. You can book a package deal that secures you a table for the night and includes your door charge, a bottle of wine and antipasto plate at a great price of which all proceeds will go to the scholarship:
- Package 1 (serves 2 with 1 bottle of wine) $50
- Package 2 (serves 4 with 2 bottles of wine) $100
- Package 3 (serves 6 with 3 bottles of wine) $130
Sample something a little bit different each week at Godfrey Tanner Bar with Tanner Tuesday, from knitting to open mic and debates - Tanner Tuesday is fun, free and the perfect excuse to be at the pub on a school night.
There will also be an opportunity for guests to participate in an art auction on the night thanks to contributions from UoN Students and Watt Space artists Barbie Procobis, Kate Burton, Renee McIntosh and Angela Budden. Take a sneak peak at the artworks that will be auctioned below.
The debate will kick off at 6pm, all welcome.
About the auction
- Bids will only be accepted on the night.
- Bidding closes at 8.30pm.
- There will be a reserve on each item which will be listed on the night.
- Auction winners will be announced on the night - payment for the artwork can be made via cash or EFTPOS. Auction winners can take the artworks home after payment or organise with staff on the night to collect the work at a later date.