Festival of Autonomy Party
Aug 08, 2014
from 07:00 AM to 04:00 PM
|Where||Bar on the Hill|
|Contact Name||Campus Life|
|Contact Phone||0249 54322|
|Add event to calendar||
Join the tradition and party all day to local and student entertainment including DJs, a silent disco and live bands across three stages at Bar on the Hill. Plan to head over to the Aviation car park and cheer on the crazy billy cart drivers in the hotly contested Auchmuty 500 race.
The historical day you’ve all been waiting for wraps up the week of celebratory events. Autonomy day has accrued countless stories throughout the years from generations of students that have been through the university. The traditional student party, starts with a free breakfast from 7am at Bar on the Hill.
The action is not just at Bar on the Hill during the massive Autonomy Day Party, there's also plenty of fun to be head over to the Carnival on Oval 4 including mad inflatable rides, markets, more live music and food stalls.
Bar on the Hill is proudly a non-smoking venue. A designated smoking zone will be set up for this event. Please ask staff for directions on the day should you wish to smoke.
Entry to the party:
- UoN Students - $10
- Guests - $20 (one guest per student only. Guest and student must arrive and enter together)
|Inside stage||Lawn stage|
Things you should know
- Must be over 18 and have proof of age
- All UoN Students must have current, UoN Student ID
- Cash only payment options at entrance
- No one may enter the party after 3pm
- Enclosed footwear required (no thongs)
- Those wearing offensive or irresponsible clothing will be refused entry
- There is an ATM inside the venue but queues could be long so plan ahead
- Don’t drink anywhere other than Bar on the Hill or Godfrey Tanner Bar. The campus (apart from these areas) has been declared an alcohol-free zone.
- Don’t bring alcohol with you or carry alcohol across campus – it will be confiscated
- You get 2 pass-outs, use them wisely! Get involved in some of the “other stuff” like the Carnival or billy cart races
- Register for the Billy Cart races or just go and watch! Remember, you will be breathalysed before you participate, so don’t drink beforehand!
- Respect people who have to work or study – sadly not everyone gets to party and there are lots of people in the buildings around campus trying to get stuff done.
- Save your $$$ - there are free buses from Bar on the Hill from 1pm.
- Like any licensed venue, you will be turned away if you show up to Bar on the Hill intoxicated. So don’t start partying too early, or your day might end before you even get inside.
- Take advantage of the free breakfast at Bar on the Hill from 7am
- Make sure you have a current UoN student card to enter for the discounted price, otherwise you will pay full price or be turned away. The current student card is the gold-ish one.
- Students can only bring one guest (non-student), and guests can’t get in without a student with a current UoN student card – this party is put on for you guys, so we want to make sure it stays that way.