We hope that you have enjoyed your time here at College, to make your move-out easy and hassle-free, here are some things you need to know.
- You are required to return your room keys to Accommodation Services NO LATER THAN 12 NOON on Saturday, 30 November 2013.
- If you do not hand in your keys by the designated time you will be charged the pro-rata rate until the keys are returned.
- If you have lost any of your keys please alert Accommodation Services as soon as possible so we can arrange for replacement keys.
Express Checkout Envelope
- For a hassle-free checkout, you will receive an envelope which you would need to put your name and room number on.
- Complete the Express Checkout Form inside the envelope.
- Place your room keys and completed form inside the envelope and seal it.
- Return the envelope to Accommodation Services or place in the after-hours key return box (located outside the Accommodation Services Office, Edwards Hall.
You are responsible for tidying your room and ensuring that all your personal belongings are removed from your room and any shared common spaces before moving-out. Your room must be in good condition or same condition as when you moved in.
To avoid paying excess cleaning charges use the Moving-out Checklist and ensure you:
- Remove ALL your personal belongings from your room and shared common spaces, including kitchen and lounge areas.
- Carefully remove ALL adhesive tape, stickers and blue tack from walls, doors, ceiling, mirrors and windows.
- Place ALL rubbish in the bins provided. DO NOT leave rubbish in your room or common spaces. Large industrial rubbish bins are placed outside each College for your convenience.
Security Deposit Refund
Security Deposits will be refunded to the credit card from which the payment was made, after your room has passed inspection. If the credit card from which you paid your security deposit has expired or been cancelled please contact Accommodation Services immediately.
If you need off-campus accommodation after moving-out, you will need to start looking as soon as possible. Accommodation Services provides a free Off-campus Accommodation Service for University of Newcastle students.
If you need to store your personal items temporarily when you move-out of College, you need to coordinate your own storage facilities off-campus. Accommodation Services is unable to store any of your personal items. We recommend that you make these temporary arrangements as soon as possible, here are some recommendations.