National Campus Band Comp - Entries now open!
Enter now for your chance to play at Bar on the Hill and take part in the largest live band competition in the southern hemisphere! NCBC has been running at Australian university and TAFE campuses across the country for 22 years - providing audiences with some truly memorable moments and incredible bands. Each year up to 400 bands from over 40 institutions compete live, aiming to be crowned national winners of this prestigious and highly respected competition.
Previous winners and entrants have included: Eskimo Joe, The Vines, Jebediah, George, Grinspoon, Waikiki, Frenzal Rhomb, 78 Saab, Augie March and The Vasco Era, to name a few!
The Newcastle winner will have the opportunity to record a 4 song EP with valued at $4000 at Newcastle's purpose built audioproduction facility, The Studio Newcastle. The winner will also have the opportunity to progress to the state and national finals with bands from across Australia.
Entries close Friday, 26 April 2013: Complete the Entry Form and return it to email@example.com or hand deliver with the $25 entry fee to The Glasshouse, Bar On The Hill, or U Contact in the Shortland Building at the University of Newcastle!
UoN FINALS @ Bar on the Hill
- Semi Final 1 – Friday, 23 August 2013
- Semi Final 2 – Friday, 30 August 2013
- On Campus Final – Thursday, 5 September 2013
Regional state final @ Bar on the Hill
- Complete the Entry Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver with the $25 entry fee to The Glasshouse, Bar On The Hill, or U Contact in the Shortland Building at the University of Newcastle.
- We'll be in contact to advise you about which heat you'll be taking part in.
- Turn up for your heat and rock out! Judges will be looking at the originality of your music, musicianship, presentation, career viability as well as audience response.
- If your band steals the show and comes first or second in any heat, you'll progress to the semi finals.
- The bands that place first and second in each semi final will need turn up and rock hard for the UoN campus final on Friday, 6 September 2013.
- UoN Campus winners will then be set to take the stage at the State Final and maybe the National championships!
- Entry forms must be completed and returned by the due date to the satisfaction of UoN Services Limited.
- To be eligible for entry your band must have at least one significantly contributing member who is enrolled at and currently attending the University of Newcastle.
- Bands are eligible to enter at one campus only. Any band found to have breached this rule will be disqualified.
- Individual performers may enter a maximum of two bands state-wide.
- Each band must ensure they are fully prepared to commence performance at the designated time. Each band must ensure they do not exceed the performance time limit. Either breach may result in disqualification.
- Each band must observe the campus policy on provision of sound, lighting and stage equipment.
- Judging criteria will be as follows:
- Originality of music
- Career viability
- Audience response
- Points will be deducted for non-cooperation, lateness, or unprofessional behaviour towards other bands or staff. A band will be disqualified if members are intoxicated or affected by drugs.
- The decisions of the judging panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Bands who already have a signed contract with a record company and receive financial assistance are ineligible to enter.
- Bands entering the competition give UoN Services Limited and the competition promoters’ permission to use band’s name and likeness in promotional material.
- Bands are expected to make themselves available for promotional activities as required by UoN Services Limited.
- Entry into the competition is taken as acceptance of all terms and conditions of entry, however UoN Services Limited reserves the right to alter entry conditions for the purpose of improving the running of the competition.
- While all care is taken in running the competition, no liability shall be accepted for any loss arising as a consequence of this competition.