National Campus DJ comp - Entries now open!
The National Campus DJ Comp is one of Australia's premier national DJ competitions, backed by over 30 university and TAFEs throughout Australia. The annual competition gives you the opportunity to mix it with the industry's best, getting valuable experience and feedback from seasoned DJs and helping hone your mad skills.
This is the first year the event will happen in Newcastle. The national final will be held in Sydney in late June.
Entries close Friday, 26 April 2013: Complete the Entry Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver with the $25 entry fee to The Glasshouse, Bar On The Hill, or U Contact in the Shortland Building at The University of Newcastle!
First heat: Wednesday 8 May.
Prizes for the Newcastle winner include
- A set at Back to School Party. Held annually at Bar on the Hill, it's arguably the biggest uni party of semester. This year the party happens Wednesday, 31 July.
- A promotions package with everything you need to help you get your name out there. Including
- A photoshoot with a professional photographer.
- Business Cards
- PLUS! You'll get entered into the National Campus DJ Comp finals to compete for entry into "The Search" DJ Competition Finals and chance to win a a trip to IBIZA!
- Download and complete the Entry Form and return to email@example.com or hand deliver with the $25 entry fee to The Glasshouse, Bar On The Hill, or U Contact in the Shortland Building at The University of Newcastle.
- We'll be in contact to advise you about which heat you'll be taking part in.
- Turn up for your heat and rock out! Judges will be looking at the originality of your music, musicianship, presentation, career viability as well as audience response.
- UoN Campus winners will then be set to take the stage at the State Final and maybe the National championships!
Terms & Conditions for entering & participating in 2013 DJ Competition
- Entry forms must be completed and returned by the due date to the satisfaction of UoN Services.
- To be eligible for entry your production crew must have at least one significantly contributing member who is enrolled at and currently attending The University of Newcastle.
- DJs are eligible to enter at one campus only. Any DJ found to have breached this rule will be disqualified.
- Each DJ must ensure they are fully prepared to commence performance at the designated time. Each DJ must ensure they do not exceed the performance time limit. Either breach may result in disqualification.
- Each DJ must observe the campus policy on provision of sound, lighting and stage equipment.
- DJ acts are defined as acts comprised of DJs only, and may not incorporate live equipment, sampling, pre-records, hybrid software etc. DJs must mix live, and may not use automated mixing technology. (ie. CDs and records only!)
- The playing time is no longer than 20 minutes per DJ. Judging criteria will be as follows;Originality of Material
- Stage Presence
- Audience Response
- Transition and Level Control
- Performance Skills/Technical Ability
- Points will be deducted for non-cooperation, lateness, or unprofessional behaviour towards other bands or staff. A DJ will be disqualified if they are intoxicated or affected by drugs.
- The decisions of the judging panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- DJs that already have a signed contract with a record company and receive financial assistance are ineligible to enter.
- DJs entering the competition give UoN Services and the competition promoters’ permission to use DJ’s name and likeness in promotional material.
- DJs are expected to make themselves available for promotional activities as required by UoN Services.
- Entry into the competition is taken as acceptance of all terms and conditions of entry, however UoN Services reserves the right to alter entry conditions for the purpose of improving the running of the competition.
- While all care is taken in running the competition, no liability shall be accepted for any loss arising as a consequence of this competition.